My Quirky List:
- Bracelets- I can’t wear just one, and I average 3-4 at a time. They must be on my left wrist along with my watch-nothing on the right. And there must be some correlation between them and my attire- color, pattern, material….
- Witches, vampires, werewolves, the spirit world- and Jane Austen- These folks are my favorite people to read about although not all necessarily together. I know that there are books that combine Jane with zombies but I haven’t gone there yet.
- Music- If you followed my A to Z challenge, then you are familiar with my varied taste in music. The music that gets me the most grief remains my late 70’s early 80’s disco love. Rapper’s Delight still thrills me as much as it did way back when.
- Store behavior- I know, you just said, “Huh?” When I have a baby in my shopping cart, I seem to lose all inhibitions. I keep up a steady flow of dialogue that has people looking around to see who I’m talking to….and when I start singing “Deep in the Hundred Acre Woods…” well, we won’t go there. I did it with my own babies and I do it with baby Beej now.
- Book collections- Without really noticing, I’ve acquired a very specific collection of books- The Velveteen Rabbit and Alice in Wonderland. And my Alice collection goes beyond books….. The quirkiness in my Alice obsession is the popular drug references in the story and the reality that I have never tried any illegal drugs in my life- ever(which seems to surprise people given my love for the story).
So, there you have it- Quirky Kat in a nutshell. To see more lists, check out The Great Book of Lists: Chapter 6.0- Embrace Your Quirkiness.
Today’s Chapter Prompt-
“We’re heading towards midyear and I though it would be interesting to take a look at what has changed in our life , what has evolved, what is still going on and strong since the beginning of the year and the launch of TGBOL.”
- Exchanging two college kids for a grown son with his wife and two small children is an experience.
- When those college kids come home to a full house, it gets even fuller and louder….and more cluttered and messy.
- Babies who grow into toddlers over the months come with a lot of STUFF!
- Six year olds have a lot of energy. A LOT of energy.
- Silence is golden. And I mean that on so many different levels…..
- Once a mom, always a mom. Carving out “me” time is crucial…and something I have failed at miserably.
- Every second spent with the little guys is precious.
- This too shall pass.
This post is part of The Great Book of Lists.
The idea for this list comes from Brandon Burchard’s day planner. As a snapshot of your current life, it will allow you to leave a trace of what your days are made of, what you truly enjoy and what you’re really looking for.
So, just this once here are the instructions to build your list :
- quickly jolt you to do list
- what are the 3 things you are excited about today
- what are the 3 things you are truly thankful for today
- Straighten up home office
- Baby-sit the little guys
- Update calendar
- Work on blog
I am excited about-
- Spending time with the little guys
- Hopefully discovering goodies I purchased for my new “hideaway/retreat/mom cave” and packed away and forgot- while cleaning my office
- Seeing a dear friend
I am thankful for-
- My family
- The beautiful sunshiny day
- Quiet time
This is another chapter in The Great Book of Lists.
This week’s challenge-
“It’s not about Dedcartes, Churchill, Coelho ou any other inspiring thinkers, whose quotes flourish the internet and the social networks.
No, this week is about a list of real people, unknown (or almost) to the world who had a real impact on our life.
Sometimes, just a little thing, a park, a teacher’s precepts, a piece of advice from a friend, you surely had such encounters in your life, or people who did little but changed the face of your world.
So much gratitude an so many memories for these little but so significant inspirations”
- My mother- She’s one of the strongest people I know. She is not demonstrative but I have never doubted her love for me a single day in my life. She taught me all of my fierce mama tiger skills.
- My father- His love of music impacted my life in so many different ways. He has been accused of not having a filter when he speaks but I love that he just says it. Because these words come from his heart, there’s no doubting his sincerity. I have tried to follow his lead and not worry so much about saying the wrong thing in a world where political correctness is the name of the game.
- My 3- Steph, Diane and John. They are all examples of the kind of friend I hope to be.
- My kids- They inspire me daily- Michael, my firstborn- who changed my existence on the day he was born. He gave my life purpose. Kris, my changeling- who has inspired me to keep on moving, even when every step feels like it weighs a ton. Andrew, my baby- whose quiet presence made our family complete.
- My husband- His never-ending support and stability have provided the foundation of our family and we would not exist without him.
To learn more about The Great Book of Lists, click HERE. You can find entries for this chapter- HERE.
I am currently…
Loving… the quiet of my house this morning.
Drinking… chai tea, hoping that the caffeine gets my brain working!
Watching… the clock- we are leaving soon.
Going… to take Kris back to school for the summer semester.
Reading… a lot of school policy and administrative procedure on gender identity.
Texting… my best friends offering and receiving support.
Playing… catch up with my notifications.
Working… on staying calm.
Listening… to someone who is moving around in the kitchen…ending my quiet.
Thanking… God that it is going to be a beautiful day!
Planning… to escape for some much needed rest in the near future.
Wondering… when the tide is going to turn.
This is the latest Chapter- 5.0 I am currently-in The Great Book of Lists hosted by La duchesse d.Erat.