Hi! I’m back again, dropping in when I can. Life is getting to be a bit much these days and I need to be here in the blogging world where I belong!!
I’ve been pretty much a big downer lately. Yeah, I can see you rolling your eyes from behind my screen, like DUH!? I know it. I’ve actually written posts that I did not publish because they depressed me. It’s no secret. Things aren’t going well over here in Kat Land. But I found myself with a little free time and a need to perk myself up. I was looking for motivation and found a few quotes that I really need to keep in mind
I thought I would share them with you:
- “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.” ― Bryant McGill
- “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
- “People inspire you, or they drain you. PICK THEM WISELY.” –Hans F. Hasen
- “Dearly Beloved, We are gathered here today to get through this thing called life!” -Prince
And my favorite for the day-
“I will breathe. I will think of solutions, I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe. And it will be okay. Because I don’t quit.” – Shayne McClendon
Here are some things I’m going to work on making part of every day:
- Get more fresh air, regardless of the weather.
- Drink more water.
- Force myself to take some down time.
- Read, read, read.
- Try to incorporate some of my pre-downer life back into this place I’m in now so I don’t feel so out of touch.
So, maybe this post isn’t as bright as the title implied but I’m hoping it’s somewhat of an improvement!!
Hope you are all doing well and the sun is shining down on you!
-Kat, who hopes to be here more often…..and a bit more cheerful!
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” -Lucy VanPelt
- “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
- “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” – Robert Falcon Scott
- “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.” -Samuel Butler
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” -James Herriot
Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Happy
The Daily Post- WPC- Smile
Have a great day!
It’s been a long month. I missed most of November, all of Thanksgiving, and the majority of my college kids’ visit home. But in the craziness that has become the norm for my life, I’ve learned a few things.
- “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. –—Steve Maraboli
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.+ –Napoleon Hill
“Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
- “Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” — Mason Cooley
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.” –— Eleanor Roosevelt
I’m hoping to be back very soon to catch up on what’s been happening here in Blogging World.
Life has been pretty serious and a bit of a downer lately so I felt that some smiles were in order-
I hope your day is full of laughter and joy!
I have always found Zelda Fitzgerald to be an interesting person. She had a larger than life personality and lived her life to the fullest. She wrote and painted and was best known as writer F. Scott Fitzgerald’s wife. She also has some unique quotes:
- “She quietly expected great things to happen to her, and no doubt that’s one of the reasons why they did.”
- “I am really only myself when I’m somebody else whom I have endowed with these wonderful qualities from my imagination.”
- “I don’t want to live. I want to love first, and live incidentally.”
- “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.”
Seven days later and I have finally completed the A to Z Challenge. No one is more surprised than me that I could get knocked off my feet for nearly two weeks (and counting) The good news is that although I might still be under the weather, my mind is finally coming back to life and writing ideas are popping into my head.
Thank for the get well wishes. I hope to be back soon!