Lately I’ve been feeling a little ragged around the edges and in need of something. It would be easy to blame it on the pandemic. No one would blame me, right? But as we have all found out in the last eleven months or so, life doesn’t stop just because people are dying.
With my anxiety running rampant, my sleep disturbed, and my thoughts wandering all over, I decided that I needed to mellow out and engage in some nourishing of my body and soul.
Here’s what I’ve been doing-
- Enjoying the peacefulness of watching it snow from the warmth and coziness of my house
- Keeping warm with a nice cup of tea
- Taking the advice written on my mug and remembering to breathe
- Perfecting my granny squares
- Working on my ideas for blog posts
- Choosing the perfect book to read next
- Re-binge watching my all time comfort show- Grey’s Anatomy
- Having a good cry or two or three or with every episode involving my favorite interns at Seattle Grace Hospital- I forgot how cathartic crying can be!
- Listening to my Beatles playlist
- Sitting in complete silence and letting my thoughts go where they need to go and do what they need to do
“Don’t forget to pause and nourish yourself a bit along the way. When you’re born to help others sometimes you forget to help yourself.”
― Paula Heller Garland
What things do you do to nourish your soul?
Have a good one!