There are no big revelations in this list. it’s been said before, heard before, lived before. But have you ever walked away from an experience and thought about what you’re taking away from it? A recent encounter reminded me of these things:
- Family matters- even if you don’t want it to. They know where you came from. They know who you were.
- Be careful who you trust. Sometimes you might be looking in the wrong direction and never see it coming.
- It’s never too late to try and fix things. Words spoken in the heat of the moment might hold some truth, or maybe they are all true, but that still doesn’t mean that things have to remain broken.
- As much as you might want to slam the door and lock it, it can always open. You have the power to unlock it!
- Unless you hear the words coming from a person’s mouth, you will never know for sure if they said them. People twist or make up things to suit their own purpose- even people you love.
- If you don’t want to believe what a person says, look at their actions for reinforcement.
- There is more than one side to every story. Every person has their own story and your hero might be my villain. You never know.
- We all have “stuff” and no one’s is more or less than anyone else’s. It’s just theirs.
- People can change and often do. We are all shaped by our experiences and each one changes us, maybe in small ways but always in some way.
- Forgiveness is not a dirty word.
- Letting go of negative feelings isn’t a statement of denial that something happened.
- Often the truth is staring you in the face- and you just can’t or don’t want to see it.
- And sometimes the truth hurts.
- Everyone isn’t in the same place in their journey and sometimes we need to be patient and wait for the other person to catch up. And sometimes we need to do what we need to do, and know that we will get where we need to be in our own time.
- If a person is determined to hold on to their hurt and anger and lets it fester and spread, they will remain stuck in that place.
- Being wrongly accused sucks.
- Not being allowed to defend yourself sucks more.
- It ain’t over til it’s over.
“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”
Spring has arrived…maybe in name only. Enjoy!