As I mentioned in yesterday’s post I had to buy my own records so I needed to make wise purchases. I kept my 45’s numbered and listed on a piece of paper in a record case that closed with a latch and had a handle on top. I don’t have all of my collection, but I’ve managed to piece together a partial list. (I suspect one of my siblings helped themselves to the missing records).
Kat’s Super Cool 45 rpm Collection from the 1970’s!
- “I Write the Songs” by Barry Manilow
3. “Muskrat Love” by Captain and Tennille
8. “That’s Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Shaun Cassidy
9. “Star Wars” performed by London Symphony Orchestra
12. “Don’t Bring Me Down” by Electric Light Orchestra
13. “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” by Rod Stewart
14. “Big Shot” by Billy Joel
18. “Macho Man” by Village People
20. “You Take My Breath Away” by Rex Smith
22. “You Light Up My Life” by Debby Boone
23. “Knock on Wood” by Ami Stewart
24. “Shake Your Groove Thing” by Peaches & Herb
27. “My Sharona” by The Knack
28. “Afternoon Delight” by Starland Vocal Band
- “Pop Muzik” by M
- “Sexy Eyes” by Dr. Hook
Just listening to this takes me back to listening to records in the basement with my siblings, all of us dancing like crazy, performing to invisible crowds. We really were a strange bunch of kids. My dad, who is the driving force behind our love of music, would shake his head at the music we listened to back then. Looking over my list of retrieved 45’s, I can’t say that I blame him!
This post is part of Blogging From A to Z Challenge- R.