“Every child deserves a champion: an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists they become the best they can possibly be. ” -Rita Pierson
I could end this post right here with that quote. Rita Pierson’s quote completely defines my thoughts on education. But, it seems like a little more is required and my eyes aren’t up to me jumping up on my soap box and letting it all out so here are a few more favorite quotes on education:
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. ” -Nelson Mandela
- “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety.” -Abraham Maslow
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead
- “Play is the highest form of research. ” -Albert Einstein
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
And if you are not familiar with Rita Pierson’s TED Talk, you can see it here-
Have a great day!
Day 3 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge by Live, Love, Simple is a favorite quote. There’s no way I could choose just one so I’m sharing a few of my favorites.
Have a great day!
There are no big revelations in this list. it’s been said before, heard before, lived before. But have you ever walked away from an experience and thought about what you’re taking away from it? A recent encounter reminded me of these things:
- Family matters- even if you don’t want it to. They know where you came from. They know who you were.
- Be careful who you trust. Sometimes you might be looking in the wrong direction and never see it coming.
- It’s never too late to try and fix things. Words spoken in the heat of the moment might hold some truth, or maybe they are all true, but that still doesn’t mean that things have to remain broken.
- As much as you might want to slam the door and lock it, it can always open. You have the power to unlock it!
- Unless you hear the words coming from a person’s mouth, you will never know for sure if they said them. People twist or make up things to suit their own purpose- even people you love.
- If you don’t want to believe what a person says, look at their actions for reinforcement.
- There is more than one side to every story. Every person has their own story and your hero might be my villain. You never know.
- We all have “stuff” and no one’s is more or less than anyone else’s. It’s just theirs.
- People can change and often do. We are all shaped by our experiences and each one changes us, maybe in small ways but always in some way.
- Forgiveness is not a dirty word.
- Letting go of negative feelings isn’t a statement of denial that something happened.
- Often the truth is staring you in the face- and you just can’t or don’t want to see it.
- And sometimes the truth hurts.
- Everyone isn’t in the same place in their journey and sometimes we need to be patient and wait for the other person to catch up. And sometimes we need to do what we need to do, and know that we will get where we need to be in our own time.
- If a person is determined to hold on to their hurt and anger and lets it fester and spread, they will remain stuck in that place.
- Being wrongly accused sucks.
- Not being allowed to defend yourself sucks more.
- It ain’t over til it’s over.
“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”
Spring has arrived…maybe in name only. Enjoy!
“...I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you’ll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.”
Wishing you all the best as we begin a new year!
It’s been a long month. I missed most of November, all of Thanksgiving, and the majority of my college kids’ visit home. But in the craziness that has become the norm for my life, I’ve learned a few things.
- “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. –—Steve Maraboli
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.+ –Napoleon Hill
“Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
- “Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” — Mason Cooley
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.” –— Eleanor Roosevelt
I’m hoping to be back very soon to catch up on what’s been happening here in Blogging World.