If you are familiar with Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series, you need no intro to her Grandma Mazur. If not, here’s a little background. Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. She locates people who have skipped out on their bail. But she’s not the star of the show here.
It’s all about Grandma. To date the series has 26 books, with a few extras here and there. Stephanie’s grandma, who lives with her parents, is like no other grandma I’ve ever known.
Here are a few Grandma Mazur highlights-
- Her favorite pastime is attending wakes. She’s likes to arrive early to get a front row seat, especially if the deceased has been shot. She dresses in her finest with her gun carrying handbag on her lap. And if it’s a closed casket, beware, because she will probably try to sneak a peak.
- Speaking of her gun, she carries it with her everywhere and fancies herself to be another Clint Eastwood.
- She loves to try out the latest fashion, whether it’s bike shorts or leggings. She’s been known to get herself dolled up and even teeter around on stilettos.
- She’s not afraid to try new hairstyles….. or colors.
- Her love life is more active than people half her age.
- She’s always up for an adventure.
- She has no filter. Literally no filter. No one ever knows what she’s going to say. All one does know is that it’s probably going to be either shocking, funny, or both.
I can only wish to have a fraction of Grandma’s energy and gumption when I reach that age!
If you like a good laugh, I recommend the Stephanie books. Grandma Mazur is only a small part of a diverse cast of characters.
Have a good day!