I’m starting off the new year by participating in Just Jot it January- #JusJoJan.
I’ve jotted down a few of New Year’s quotes that hopefully bring you some inspiration as we kick off 2019:
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something. ” -Neil Gaiman
- “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.'” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” -Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Let our New Year’s resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.” -Goran Persson
My hope is that this will get my jump started (once again, I know!) and writing daily. Unfortunately the week before Christmas I found myself spending the week at the hospital with a loved one, who gave us quite a scare. Thankfully, my loved one is home and on the mend. Our holidays looked a little different than we planned and that empty place where our loved one usually was hit me really hard. I realized how lucky we had been this time and how important it is to let go of the small things. I am working to simply enjoy that this person is still here in my life and that empty space at Christmas won’t be empty next year!
To participate in JusJoJan, click on the link above to get all the details!
Happy New Year!