Day 2 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge by Live, Love, Simple is 20 facts about me. I’m not really comfortable writing about myself so this might be a challenge. Of course, typing this might be a challenge in itself because I’m not sure if I ended that previous sentence with a period or a comma. They both look the same to me at this moment!
So here goes-
- I’ve been married for a long time. My husband didn’t ask to be part of a blog so I keep his life private.
- I am the mom of three incredibly awesome kids who went and grew up on me!
- I am the proud Nonna of two little guys- CJ and Beej. They are currently eight and three. They keep me pretty busy and I’m happy to have them in my life.
- I’m the proud mom of an LGBTQ kid, and I am an ally and supporter of the LGBTQ community.
- I am fortunate and blessed to have my parents still alive and living a few miles away.
- My dog, Ari, has been known to write a few posts here on my blog. (She really wanted to write this one because she knows that she is much more interesting than I am.)
- I was born, raised and have always lived within an hour of Chicago. Although the weather is not always that great and has grown to be more unpredictable as the years pass, this is where my people are and this is where I will be.
- I’m a compulsive reader. If there are words, I will read them- I can’t help it. I’m drawn to them.
- I’ve always been writing something- whether it was stories or notes about stories, this blog or random thoughts. Writing is my sanity tied closely with music.
- Music plays a big part in my life. It began as a child when my father exposed me and my siblings to all kinds of music and I carried on that tradition with my children and now the little guys. I listen to all kinds of music!!!
- I am a band mom, through and through. I spent many years shuttling kids to rehearsals, sitting at concerts and being a booster parent. My kids were all band kids and one went on to study music.
- I’m very quiet. Growing up in a family of four children, the others being much louder than me, I found it easier to remain silent than fight for attention that I really did not want.
- I’m also shy and prefer not to be the center of attention.
- I am loyal to a fault. When I have your back, I won’t be swayed.
- I have no time for unkind people.
- Platitudes really bug me.
- I feel much younger than I thought I would at this age!
- I cry when I watch the beginning of Up and Toy Story 3– every time!
- I will say that my favorite color is purple and yet I am more often drawn to blue, pink and orange (depending on the shade)…. so maybe it’s not purple at all!
- The Beatles are my favorite group- hands down. They are my go-to guys when I need a lift and they never fail to cheer my up.
Thanks for making it to the end of my list!