March 2nd is known as Dr. Seuss Day, a celebration of the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, author of over 60 children’s books.
Dr. Seuss books were a favorite when my kids were growing up and we continue the tradition by sharing them with the next generation of little boys.
My Five Favorites-
- The Cat in the Hat
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC
- Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
- Hooper Humperdink
- Green Eggs and Ham
Two year old Beej’s current favorites are Marvin K. Mooney and Ten Apples Up On Top! He has become very invested in the tiger, dog and lion’s apples not being knocked off their heads. He starts shouting out warnings when the birds swoop down to eat the apples. I love how my little bookworm gets swept away in the stories in books.
And just this week my oldest son sent me this text-
In addition to entertaining children for years with his books, his quotes have inspired us all. My favorites are-
- “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
- “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- “And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew. Just go right along. You’ll start happening too!”
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
What about you? Do you have a favorite book or quote?
Have a great day!