It’s been awhile since I took part in Ten Things of Thankful but today seems to be a good day to give it a go. Every day is the perfect day to keep in mind all that we have to be thankful for!
In no particular order, here are Ten Things that I am thankful for-
- My late night texters- Last night when I was having problems getting to sleep, two very good friends texted me (an hour later than they normally would have). My conversations with both of them were inconsequential but just the kind of chit chat I needed to wind down.
- Ari, our dog- Ari never fails to keep us entertained. Whether she is battling Team Squirrel in the back yard, or hunting ghost predators in our house, or just staring at me woefully hoping for an invite up on my chair, her unconditional love and loyalty fill my heart with joy.
- No snow- Although the weather has been downright screwy for the past month, at this exact moment in time, there is no snow! (All bets are off for later in the day, though.)
- Space Heater Magic- I am so thankful for the space heater that brings the back porch to a temperature where I can spray paint all of my little projects, feeding my spray painting obsession.
- My car’s remote start- Since my car is outside year round, on those miserable rainy, slushy mornings, I am so so thankful for the remote start that allows me to get into a not frozen car.
- Those little odd jobs- With most of my week spent with a busy toddler, I am relieved (and thankful) that all those tiny tasks that I squeezed in in-between potty time and reading left my house almost not quite a nightmare to look at today!
- Quiet- We have very little planned this weekend. YES!
- Pinterest- I found myself visiting Pinterest more often as I needed an escape from all of the current events that are clogging up my newsfeeds. It all gets to be too much and it was a nice change to just mindlessly search for random things and let it all go. My searches varied from “writing prompts” to “how to paint paneling” to “diy lampshades” to “toddler busy bags” and more.
- YOU GUYS- (Guys are all of you- not just men. It’s a Midwest thing….) Your presence is felt all over my life. Whether it’s texts, posts or emails- you continue to be such a positive and supportive presence in my life.
- Ten Things of Thankful- I am so thankful that I found this! It crossed my feed at the perfect time and I am thankful that it makes me think of all of the great things that I have in my life- those things that I take for granted. Thank you!!!
Have a great Saturday!