Day 1 of NaNo and I’m on track! Check back in by the weekend and you’ll find that this fist pump was done more out of a need to keep the words flowing than in celebration of completing my word minimum for the first day. I speak from experience.
Whether it’s NaNoWriMo, another novel, or your blog, you need to write, right? And sometimes, it’s not quite that easy. One theme seems to run through the advice given by writers everywhere- just write.
Here are some quotes to draw from, if like me, you need some motivation:
- “Write like it matters, and it will.” -Libba Bray
- “Don’t be a writer. Be writing.” -William Faulkner
- “You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can’t edit a blank page.” -Jodi Picoult
- “You fail only if you stop writing.” -Ray Bradbury
- “Write even if you don’t want to, don’t much like what you’re writing and aren’t writing particularly well.” -Agatha Christie
- “Keep your hand moving.” -Natalie Goldberg
- “There’s no perfect time to write. There’s only now.” -Barbara Kingsolver
- “The desire to write grows with writing.” -Desiderius Erasmus
There are so many more where these came from. (Isn’t Pinterest the best? But I’m not going there…..) These are just a sampling to give you a hand.
Are you motivated by quotes? If so, which quotes energize you? If not, what helps you get the creative juices flowing?
I hope you are having a beautiful day, wherever you are and whatever you are writing!