(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life– Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
This song is best known for being the theme song for the 1987 film Dirty Dancing, starring Patrick Swayze (sigh) and Jennifer Grey. There is so much I love about Dirty Dancing. Patrick Swayze. The music. The setting- I wanted so badly to go there. Johnny and Baby together. Baby’s awkwardness. Johnny’s hotness. Baby giggling every time Johnny ran his hand down her side. Sylvia and Mickey. The ending. And did I mention Patrick Swayze?
Some of my favorites Dirty Dancing quotes include:
- “I carried a watermelon.” – Baby
- “Oh, come on, ladies. God wouldn’t have given you maracas if He didn’t want you to shake ’em.” -Penny
- “You just put your pickle on everybody’s plate, college boy, and leave the hard stuff to me.” -Johnny
- “I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” -Baby
- “Where is my beige iridescent lipstick?” -Lisa
- “Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don’t go into yours, you don’t go into mine. You gotta hold the frame.” -Johnny
- “Have you had many women?” -Baby
- “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” -Johnny
- “Sorry for the interruption, folks, but I always do the last dance of the season. This year somebody told me not to. So I’m gonna do my kind of dancin’ with a great partner, who’s not only a terrific dancer, but somebody… who’s taught me… that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them. Somebody who’s taught me about the kind of person I wanna be. Miss Frances Houseman.” -Johnny
How about you? What are your favorite Dirty Dancing memories?