This week’s chapter for The Great Book of Lists- Chapter 1.2: The Little Things You Love is a perfect reminder for me to remember how many little things I love….and how they aren’t little at all! Be sure to click on the link above to read more lists and find out how you can take part.
Here is a list of little things that I love:
- Looking out my window on a blustery winter day and enjoying the view. Today’s peaceful snow covered yard is vastly different from the lively bird convention, complete with robins, cardinals and blue jays, that had congregated on the still green grass (in January???) just yesterday. Both scenes bring me peace, just by being there each time I glance out my window.
- 6 year old CJ’s earnest expression on his face when he offers to help me wash dishes. “When 2 people do the job, it gets done quicker and it’s more fun, Nonna.” Is it just me or do you feel like this should be the intro to a song?
- My dog, Ari’s face peering up at me, eternally optimistic and hopeful that NOW is the time she can jump up on the ottoman and snuggle under a blanket. She spends too much time hovering around my chair, just in case NOW is the time.
- 13 month old baby Beej’s little hands patting my arms when I pick him up and his head drops to my shoulder.
- Music, music and more music. Need I say any more? Okay, I must. Music- it’s such a part of my life, whether I’m listening to my favorite songs, playing it badly on the piano, hearing my son play beautifully or it’s simply in the background.
What are some of the little things you love?