Soooo, I’m off to a less than auspicious beginning in my participation in Ten Things of Thankful but I’m hoping to improve on that! This past week wasn’t the greatest but I still had a lot to be thankful for——-
1. I have been sick this past week- not sick enough to incapacitate me but enough to slow me down, which I apparently needed because 7 days later, I’m still not at 100%. It might seem odd to be thankful but it caused me to slow down and I needed that.
2. The wonder of Face Time! This week I have enjoyed many sessions with my grandsons on Face Time. There’s nothing like talking to a 3 month old who is cooing and grabbing the phone. I am so thankful for my daughter-in-law for taking the time to do this!
3. My baby (19 years old) initiated texts with me throughout the week! He is away at college and I miss him so much! I can’t wait to see him when he comes home. 🙂
4. I had an anxiety attack- my first in nearly 10 years. It caught me off guard, in a public place, where there was no where to hide and a few witnesses. I am so thankful that my friend, John, was there, munching on his bag of chips and helping me find a level of calm with his steady, unflappable presence.
5. I’ve had an unexpected few days of solitude. It has been heavenly to be able to “just be” without
constant limited interruptions.
6. Grey’s Anatomy- Where have I been for the last 10 years?
7. We got snow. I am just so glad that it was only a few inches…..and it was light and fluffy, not the wet and messy stuff.
8. The day after tomorrow I am going away with my friend, Steph! It’s only overnight but it doesn’t matter. We haven’t gotten away in a few years. It will be so nice to shop (Vera Bradley Outlet), eat and talk….. I know it’s not from last week but knowing it was coming was a bright spot for me this past week.
9. I finally finished Baby Beej’s Back up Blanket! (say that 10 times fast) I made him one, with the intention of making a spare just in case his was forgotten at home. Well, before I could complete the spare, I found myself with a baby without his blanket.
10. Photo Challenges- I’m addicted! Even if I forget to post the photos, I am having fun looking for the perfect shots.
There it is-my Ten Things of Thankful! What are you thankful for?