I have decided that in my quest to work on my word of 2015- FOCUS– it wouldn’t hurt (and would most definitely help) if I take time out to really think about those thankful things in my life. I have chosen to participate in the Ten Things of Thankful at Considerings, which takes place on weekends. The task is to list 10 things that I was thankful for this past week.
Here are some things that I have been thankful for over the past week- in no particular order. 🙂
1. I am thankful for best friends who remain a part of my life despite my many ups and downs, flakiness, mood swings…… I’m not sure if I could have stuck it out with me and there are still times when I want to take a break from myself.
2. I am thankful to have the privilege to work with respectful, caring and funny guys who have nothing but patience and understanding when I’m tongue-tied. (They make up for the asshole.)
3. I am thankful that my “baby” still needs me at 19 and isn’t too old to text Mom when he can’t sleep.
4. I am thankful for little boys- especially those around the ages of 5 years and 2 months- who make me smile. These two little guys are the brightest spots in my days.
5. I am thankful for a dog who lives the most dramatic life I have ever seen in an animal who rarely leaves the block. She makes me laugh and reminds me daily that I’m never alone as long as she’s there. (Please note, I think Ari is waiting for her opportunity to post. She has so much to say and she’s really jealous of Toby, Hugh’s dog, who gets to put his own stuff out there.)
6. I am thankful that everywhere I went was less than 10 minutes away on those days when I was low on gas and didn’t feel like filling up the car.
7. I am thankful that the temperature remained about 30F this week so I wasn’t freezing when I did venture out.
8. I am thankful that while I was listening to music on my phone that songs from that darn U2 album only play 3-4 times during an hour period. I have nothing against U2, they are just not on my playlist……Thanks, U2!
9. I am thankful that Glee was on Netflix when I went looking. I’ve been in a funk and beginning back at Season 1 has been the boost that I needed. I love the songs and it makes me laugh.
10. I am thankful for a husband who jumped on the idea of heading out of town this weekend when I brought it up. This break from my life is just what the doctor ordered.
What are you thankful for this week?