I was nominated for the Liebster Award and I am thrilled! I wasn’t sure what it was and while I was looking into it (and trying to stay on top of assignments) I received 3 more nominations. How cool!!! I want to thank – http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/66716650/
I also want to thank Athena’s Wicked Owl, CKB.Reviews, and http://navigatedotblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/24/i-am-in-for-liebster-award-yay/ for nominating me as well.
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link bank to the person who nominated them.
Provide 11 facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
Here are 11 facts about myself-
1. I am half Italian, although I don’t look it.
2. I am a loyal Chicago Bulls fan- through good times and bad I always love my Bulls!!!
3. I’m not fond of fair-weather fans- people who jump on the bandwagon when a sports team is flying high but can’t be found the minute they are going down. (So, if you follow hockey at all, you can imagine how much the Blackhawks fans bug me these days. Where were they 4 years ago?? Hmmm?)
4. I am an incurable romantic. I totally believe in true love, unrequited love and soul mates. The whole shebang.
5. I am painfully shy so writing this blog is a HUGE step for me.
6. I absolutely love cats!!! And I’m absolutely allergic to them.
7. I never considered myself to be the kind of mom who would have sons. I still look around and shake my head. God has a sense of humor.
8. Music is an integral part of my life. It leaks into every corner of my being and plays a major role in my day. It’s a huge part of who I am although most people do not know this.
9. I love everything to do with angels, ghosts, vampires, witches, and…..fairytales!
10. I follow my gut instinct at all times. It has lead me to some very strange decisions but that leads me back to my motto “Everything happens for a reason.”
11. I watch American Idol and have successfully predicted the winners of the last 3 seasons.
11 Questions asked by Fast Times in Alaska-
1. Where are you living? Is that your dream location? I live near Chicago, Illinois. This is not my dream location- it happens to be where I grew up and where I wanted to raise my children. My dream location would be somewhere in Italy- I’m not sure where exactly but I would be there with the love of my life, just enjoying life and visits from my kids and grandkids!
2. What is your dream adventure? I would love to just jump into my car with a good friend and see where the road takes us. I would have unlimited funds and a very good GPS- just in case I needed it!
3. Your favorite quote? “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” ~Alexander Hamilton
4. Your most life changing moment? My most life changing moment was telling family members about my transgender child, although I didn’t know it at the time.
5. What changed after said moment? My relationships with my parents and siblings changed forever. We are working on getting back on track as they learn to accept my child for who he is.
6. If you could be any animal what would it be and why? I would be a cat. They are so cool, collected and graceful- something I am not!
7. What is your perfect career? Not job, but career? Writing!
8. If you could meet any public figure, be it political, religious or celebrity, who would it be and why? John Lennon! I know he’s dead but I really would want to meet him. He’s an obsession of mine. I find him to be intriguing and I would love to talk to him about his views of the world, how he wrote his songs, what he thinks about love.
9. What is your favorite topic to write about? Love
10. Big dogs or little dogs? Medium? 🙂
11. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to give my writing the kick in the pants it needs.
My 11 questions-
1. What is your favorite movie of all time?
2. If you could drive any vehicle, what would it be? Do you own it now?
3. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it?
4. Do you have any siblings?
5. If you don’t have siblings, did you want them?
6. Coffee or tea?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. Have you ever been in love?
9. What is your favorite color?
10. Do you prefer to travel by plane, train or automobile?
11. What is one thing people would be surprised to find about about you?